Wednesday, January 16, 2013

December: eating my way through the christmas season

I disappeared for a month. Where did I go? More importantly, what did I eat? First of all, there were waffles. Lots and lots of waffles. (There was an exciting waffle iron purchase.) 

Next, there were board games. Scrabble, Catan, Euchre, Game of Thrones, so many games. 


Then, I made spaghetti tacos with some very talented chefs. (Don't believe me? Look at the link. If it made it into the NY Times, it's a real thing.)


There was also a huge cookie, made in a cast iron skillet. 


Biscotti, anyone? You can never have too much, especially if it's stuffed with chocolate chunks, orange zest and toasted almonds. Quick, make some coffee!



There was a trip to Florida, where I visited a farmer's market: they had pumelo, habanero peppers, boiled peanuts and orange blossom honey (just a little different from our Toronto markets).
  


Then I went to Prince Edward County to visit these lovely friends. We love food. We ate a lot of food. 



Plus, we found this awesome tattooed apple - how? HOW?

 There was a brunch waffle feast, complete with pomegranate mimosas.

 And, I veganized this awesome ice cream bomb recipe from Jamie Oliver.
Then we made Jamie's mulled wine recipe. Did I mention we like Jamie Oliver?

I love christmas! Now back to the real world. (But it was a great way to finish off 2012.)

No comments:

Post a Comment