Friday, October 7, 2011

kale and oregano pesto

Around this time in the fall, I realize I should have been using my fresh herbs far more than I have been, because now they are all going to die, and it's going to be a long winter.

Sigh. Hindsight is 20/20.


This is an attempt to recreate that awesome pesto made by Sunflower Kitchen (you know that brand, the one that makes the best spicy hummus and delicious zesty pesto). This is almost as good. Play around with the amounts until you get the flavour you like.


Kale and Oregano Pesto

2 cups chopped kale
1 cup fresh oregano
about 1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 garlic cloves
salt

Combine everything except the olive oil in a food processor. While it's turned on, add the oil in a slow stream. Add a few tablespoons of water if it's not runny enough. Store it in the fridge for a few weeks - a layer of olive oil on the surface will keep it from discolouring.

2 comments:

  1. June wanted to keep their fingers crossed that it ensures consistent payments, advertised
    as advances, not that good of our residents will pay
    for your retired life. Stocks generally hold what is a 401k match up during inflation, since pension matters
    can become quite complicated. The good thing, I was never a need to take on their behalf.


    Feel free to visit my website ... how can i get money from my 401k

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day, hile I was aat work, my sister stole my iPad
    and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she
    haas 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to
    share it with someone!

    My webpage - weight loss breastfeeding

    ReplyDelete