Monday, April 30, 2012

recipe wishlist


The List grows longer everyday. Recipes get bumped off, others are pushed to the front, depending on market finds or passing cravings. Here's my latest list of recipes I'm dying to make. If you get around to them before I do, let me know how they worked out!

Whole wheat goldfish crackers - in adorable fish-shapes, of course.

Homemade ice cream bars - I'm dreaming of the flavour combinations from Ed's. Should I splurge and put a pint of Ed's Chocolate Banana Ice Cream in the middle? I might pass out when I taste the finished product.

Jim Lahey's Whole Wheat Bread - baked in a dutch oven, crispy and delicious smelling.

Glutenous Rice Balls - after eating package after package of frozen ones from T&T, it's about time I learn to make my own. In case you're not familiar, here's everything you ever needed to know about GRBs, or more properly referred to as, Tangyuan.

Baked Quinoa Patties - pictured, in Heidi's photo, next to my favourite recipe from her site, Split Pea Dumplings, featured on my post here.

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake - this sounds like a cake mix my mom and I used to make. It came in a pink box, and it was delicious. Here it is, in real recipe form, with coffee added.

Looking back at this list, it has a complete lack of vegetables. What can I say? I swear I eat them. I'm just dreaming about baked goods, crackers and glutenous rice balls right now. I promise, as soon as those first asparagus and peas hit the farmers markets, it'll be vegetables, 24/7.

One can't cook all the time - there are distractions, like adorable cats, biking trips, and good books.



Meanwhile, another project I've been working on is a cooking scrapbook: 50+ food magazines from the last 10 years, turned into an organized, colourful cookbook. It's an ongoing project, saved for late night episodes of Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment